If extra chewing is effective in suppressing your appetite when it comes to food, what about chewing gum as a weight loss strategy?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
Some videos on both artificial and natural low-calorie sweeteners:
• Aspartame and the Brain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Aspartame-and-the-Brain)
• Effect of Sucralose (Splenda) on the Microbiome (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/effect-of-sucralose-splenda-on-the-microbiome)
• Does Aspartame Cause Cancer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-aspartame-cause-cancer)
• Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda/)
• Is Monk Fruit Sweetener Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-monk-fruit-sweetener-safe/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-chewing-gum-help-with-weight-loss and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-chewing-gum-help-with-weight-loss. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image source: Lusheeta / Wikimedia
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org