Understanding the metabolic and behavioral adaptations that slow weight loss
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
I went into detail about the 3,500 calorie per pound rule in the previous video: The 3,500 Calorie per Pound Rule Is Wrong (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-3500-calorie-per-pound-rule-is-wrong). So then, what’s The New Calories per Pound of Weight Loss Rule? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-new-calories-per-pound-of-weight-loss-rule). Watch the next video to find out!
My upcoming book, How Not to Diet, is all about weight loss and how to break the diet-cycle. It’s available now for pre-order (https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/) (!) and will be out on December 10. (All proceeds I receive from my books are donated to charity.)
In the meantime, there’s more on weight loss coming up:
• The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-benefits-of-calorie-restriction-for-longevity)
• Potential Pitfalls of Calorie Restriction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction)
• Benefits of Fasting for Weight Loss Put to the Test (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-fasting-for-weight-loss-put-to-the-test)
• Is Fasting Beneficial for Weight Loss? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fasting-beneficial-for-weight-loss)
• Is Fasting for Weight Loss Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fasting-for-weight-loss-safe)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-reason-weight-loss-plateaus-when-you-diet and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-reason-weight-loss-plateaus-when-you-diet. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
Image credit: Robert Owen-Wahl /pixabay
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org