What does the latest research on Vitamin D say? Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive an infographic summary of the main takeaways and Dr. Greger’s recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
I am so incredibly excited to announce that How Not to Diet hits shelves in just one week – December 10. If you’ve preordered a copy, it will be in your hands in no time. If you haven’t yet, there’s still time – preorder here (http://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet). Cross your fingers for me to see where it debuts on the New York Times Bestseller list. (As always, all the proceeds I receive from the book are donated to charity; I just really want as many people as possible to benefit!).
This was my biggest research project to date. There are more than a half million papers published in the medical literature on obesity with 100 new ones every day. It’s no wonder no one has yet pulled together all the best science…until now! I’m proud of this book and can’t wait until it gets out into the world.
In the meantime, if you want to see some of the science I wrote about in the book, check out my recent weight loss series:
• The 3,500 Calorie per Pound Rule Is Wrong (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/the-3500-calorie-per-pound-rule-is-wrong)
• The Reason Weight Loss Plateaus When You Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/the-reason-weight-loss-plateaus-when-you-diet)
• The New Calories per Pound of Weight Loss Rule (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/the-new-calories-per-pound-of-weight-rule)
• Does Sugar Lead to Weight Gain? (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/does-sugar-lead-to-weight-gain)
• The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Calorie-Restriction-for-Longevity)
• Potential Pitfalls of Calorie Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/potential-pitfalls-of-calorie-restriction)
• Benefits of Fasting for Weight Loss Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-fasting-for-weight-loss-put-to-the-test)
• Is Fasting Beneficial for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fasting-beneficial-for-weight-loss)
• Is Fasting for Weight Loss Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Fasting-for-Weight-Loss-Safe)
What about keto for weight loss? See:
• Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test)
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-results-for-weight-loss)
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-weight-loss-on-ketosis-sustainable)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trailer-for-how-not-to-diet-dr-gregers-guide-to-weight-loss and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trailer-for-how-not-to-diet-dr-gregers-guide-to-weight-loss. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org